Tuesday, March 4, 2014

21 Weeks



Nothing like standing with a skinny friend to make your bump stick out :)

How far along: 21 weeks 2 days

Gender: Boy...BUT.....I just had a friend who had an earlier ultrasound they said they were 90% positive that she was having a boy and then when she went for her anatomy scan last week and all of a sudden it was "Did we say boy? We meant girl"...so um yeah I'll be having them reconfirm this at my ultrasound tomorrow.

Weight: status quo from last week.  Seems as though I gain in spurts like I did with Harper

Maternity Clothes: yes and yes

Stretch marks: nada

Belly button in or out: in

Sleep: still no problems here.  I'll have to look back from my posts about Harper but I feel like I had a much harder time sleeping last time, not that I"m complaining! I guess that's what having a toddler around will do for you!

Movement: Oh yes! Thanks to Bruce being breech I'm feeling him kick in all sorts of fun unusual places

Worst moment this week:  Who needs a dog around to pee on your band new carpet when you a toddler to do it for you?   Don't worry I still smacked her on the nose with a rolled up newspaper (holy cow I"m kidding)

Best moment of the week: Running the Irish Road Rover 5k with Melissa.  This was my first race ever and the day I quit smoking anniversary race.  That's right just 6 short years ago I was a brand new runner and a dirty butt smoker.  This was my first race ever and afterward I hopped in my car and lit up.  One drag later it occured to me "Hmmm this seems rather counterproductive".  Quit cold turkey that day and never looked back.  I'm slow as all get out and Melissa was sweet enough to be slow with me and chat my ear off to help me forget A) how slow I was and B) how fricken cold it was!!! 
Even though this is my second time around I struggle with remembering that this is NOT the time for me to be fast.  Celebrate finish lines not finish times right?  We managed to squeak in under 30 min so I still have some pride intact ;)
getting my shoes ready for me on race day

Miss anything:  I could have used a nice tall glass of Reisling this past week, so that.

Craving anything: Hmm let's see, we've gone from Thai food to egg salad to cucumber sandwiches...this week it's Dark Chocolate Cheerios. Seriously, where have you been my whole life?

Sick/Nauseaus: NO! No no no no no!! Happy day

Looking forward to: Seeing "Bruce" tomorrow on the big screen and sweet talking the ultrasound tech into letting me see him in 3D

Different this time around: Running is a totally different animal this time around.  Not only is my belly a bit bigger (Thanks Bruce) and lower but he's sitting breech which puts the majority of his weight waaaaay down low which is none too comfortable.  I have a new maternity running belt on it's way to my house as we speak.  It was rated the top for pregnant runners so lets hope that alleviates some of the discomfort I've been feeling.





No comments:

Post a Comment