Wednesday, February 5, 2014

17 Weeks


(writing this from my sick bed so we're keeping it short and sweet this week folks)

How far along:  17 weeks 3 days

Gender: ?? Two weeks and counting

Weight:  Down a few lbs this week thanks to the stomach virus

Maternity clothes: nothing but sweats and sweatshirts today

Stretch marks: Nada

Belly button in/out: In

Sleep: Hasn't been a problem at all

Worst moment of the week: Two words: stomach virus.  I got up Tuesday morning nauseous as usual.  I chalked it up to B2 being a punk (sorry kid) and got ready for work and hit the road.  None of my normal anti-nausea tricks were working but still I didn't think much of it….until the puking began.  Now this might be miserable for anyone but for someone who is on tv with people staring at them trying to work while at the same time trying not to vomit? True misery.  2 hours into my work day and two trips to be sick in the (public) restroom at work I threw in the towel and called it a day.  A quick call to the Dr and she confirmed what I had already guessed by now…stomach virus.  Liquid diet and couch for this girl.  I narrowly escaped needing an IV and probably the most miserable 24 hours in my recent memory.

Best moment of the week:  I'll have to give the honors here to Shaun.  He left work early (no easy feat for a mailman), no questions asked and picked up Harper from daycare.  Upon arriving home I was banished to the bedroom and I didn't see or hear from them (unless they were delivering Gatorade) for the rest of the evening.  What a good man :)

Miss Anything:  my appetite

Cravings: Wrong day to answer this. Not one single solitary thing

Anything making you sick or queasy:  hahaha very funny.  Also the wrong day to answer this

Looking forward to: Feeling better.  

Different this time around:  Nothing comes to mind this week

Weekly comparison:





Holy heck these comparisons can be depressing! They say you measure about 4 weeks ahead of your first time around…ummm yup

                                                     Post stomach flu bump

1 comment:

  1. I definitely think you're showing earlier with B2 but maybe also just carrying differently? I hope you feel better soon and can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete