Monday, July 23, 2012

4….1……weeks



How far along? 40 weeks 4 flipping days
Her size: Baby girl is the size of a baby that needs to get out get out get out!!!
Total weight gain:  +0.6 lbs this week...total weight gain of 30.6lbs 
Running/Races?  Still going out on my power walks hoping to get things going, although I do have contractions the whole time, they never seem to amount to much.  I watched some of my favorite ladies run the Clam Festival 5 mile classic this past weekend.  It was the first time I've missed it in 5 years…kind of made me sad but I'll be back next year (Who wants to watch Harper so I can run while the mailman delivers the mail??) 
Stretch marks? None! It's a miracle!
Sleep: Sucks.  Period end of story.  At this point it's just not comfortable any way you slice it, I do the best I can to get as much sleep as possible though, I know soon enough I'll be trading no sleep due to belly for no sleep due to baby.
Best moment this week: LAST DAY OF WORK!! Friday was my last day of work until after my maternity leave.  I said I wanted to work until the very end and I made it to 41 weeks 1 day…feel free to clap, I was pretty impressed too :) 
Miss Anything? Trying not to miss anything and just savor these last few days of pregnancy
Movement: Still rocking and rolling, although she's been a bit quieter the past day or two. Resting for a long tough journey perhaps??
Food cravings: Watermelon and grape nut icecream
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just the usual suspects, I'm hoping these food aversions disappear pretty quickly, I really do miss chicken!
Gender: GIRL! 
Labor Signs: At my 41 week appointment I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced, contractions come and go as they please, not yet regular enough to time.
Symptoms: 
There are signs of things happening down there so it's just a matter now of if they happen fast enough before the Dr's step in later this week.  
Belly Button in or out? sigh...the turkey is done
Wedding rings on or off? miracle of miracles they're still on!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Emotionally I had a pretty rough week.  I've done amazingly well keeping these darn hormones in check throughout this entire pregnancy but being overdue…they just got the best of me.  I've bounced back to my happy self though, now that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Looking forward to: Meeting this little girl once and for all.  I've seen her on the ultrasound screen and in 3D enough times, I'm ready for the real thing!!

1 comment:

  1. ok harper, HURRY UP!!! and no long tough journey, its time to come out! :)

    ReplyDelete