Saturday, August 25, 2012

Good things come to those who wait

Allow me to introduce the newest member of the Breton family...

Harper Kathryn Breton
07/24/12
11:45 pm
6lbs 14.5oz
19 3/4 inches


Clearly this picture was PRE contractions
…and post contractions…that labor business is no joke!

What started as a standard trip to the Doctor on Monday afternoon (7/23) ended with me being admitted into the hospital to be induced.  Poor Shaun got a phone call that went something like this:
R- Hi hon, whatcha doing?
S- Oh you know, delivering the mail
R- Yeah, about that…how soon can you get off your route and get down to Portland
S- Oh shit!

Turns out I really didn't need to rush him.  My induction started early that evening at around 5pm and by 10pm the next day and MULTIPLE attempts to speed up my labor I was still only 7 cm and the little lady was making it clear that she was NOT liking this labor business (and just to be clear neither did I).  
At that point everyone was in agreement that a C-Section was the safest route to go.  Initially I had wanted to avoid a C-section like the plague but with contractions that were rolling one on top of another and an epidural that only took to the left side of my body, let's just say I had a bit more of an open mind about surgery.  So off to the ER we went.  

And minutes later...


Little Miss Harper just minutes old

Meeting mommy for the first time <3

She's screaming and I look like hell but hey, it was our first family picture

A little snuggle time with daddy….this has become their favorite position

and a little snuggle with mommy <3

and so begins our journey into Parenthood...

No comments:

Post a Comment