Tuesday, August 27, 2013

13 months


Nothing quite says happiness like mom letting you jump in the lake fully clothed!!
ooooh DIRT!


Age: 13 months. I will be the first to admit that I was not a fan of the infant stage (Harper and I had a rough go of it the first 6 weeks or so) but I'm digging this whole toddler thing. Talk to me again when we hit the terrible 2's


Favorite Activity:   Anything outdoors.  We had a busy month this month full of family visits, trips to the animal park, lake, and beach.  This is a girl who is happiest on the go and with people to watch
so impressed with the ducks!

beach baby


first carousel ride.  She wasn't quite sure she liked it



Favorite Toy: My my this little girl is fickle.  Violet the talking dog has now been replaced by her baby doll Julia and her Aden and Anais security blanket (they come in a 2 pack...genius and has totally saved me a few times this month)


Favorite Book: Snow white and the 7 dwarfs. She picks this book out of the basket I keep in the car every time. It's funny to listen to her babble as if she's actually reading the book.


This month Harper learned:


* Facing forward in the car seat is AMAZING! It's like a whole new world! (And her legs aren't squished at a weird angle anymore)

*Peek a boo is the most hilarious game ever!

* Harper has had a language explosion this month and has added quite a few signs to her repertoire.  She can now sign mom, dad, please, bye, thank you, baby, all done, milk, and more.  Please is by far her most used sign followed by daddy (hmph!)  Initially she would just copycat what I was signing but she will now answer questions with the correct sign.  (Do you want more?--> please)  Sigh...warms this interpreters heart to see her little chubby fingers signing (and so much LESS whining now!)


* Bike rides with auntie are so much FUN!!! and so are scooters!




This month mommy learned:

*To give up on sitting down until Harper is ohhh I don't know 18.  Up down up down up down... just not worth it!

* Where Harper gets her hair coloring from...

...enough said.

Other family news:
*We've finally broken ground on our new house!! Hoooray!! We're only 2.5 weeks behind schedule...not bad right? Right? The original estimated completion date is October 31 so I'm going to say if we're in by Christmas I'll be happy.  This house building business is not a impatient persons game but I'm doing my best (hurry hurry hurry!!). I'm pretty sure my builder will hate seeing my email address by the end of this. 

*We made it through the bridal shower and bachelorette party now it's T-18 days until Melissa and James' wedding!!! 

*Next race is the Auburn Lakes 1/2 in two weeks.  Very excited for what will probably be my last 1/2 of the season.  The last sentence is subject to change, I can be talked into races very easily ;)

Until next month...


No comments:

Post a Comment