Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week 13 (Hello Second Trimester!)

How far along? 13 Weeks 
Total weight gain: +1, finishing out the first trimester with a grand total of 5lbs.  Not bad considering I could only keep down carbs for an entire month
Maternity clothes? Who cares what I"m wearing for maternity clothes? I'm opting for a new category...
Running/Racing? Still running 16 miles a week & xtraining.  Participated in an amazing 3.5mi Resolution Run on New Years Day with some of my closest girlfriends, it was great!
Stretch marks?  None.  Now using my citrus scented Mama Mio lotion, it's heavenly :)
Sleep: Sleeping pretty good 
Best moment this week:  Hitting the second trimester! I've heard rumors that this is the best of the three, I'm looking forward to testing this theory myself!  

Miss Anything? My morning cup of coffee and chocolate (see "anything making you sick" below for the tragic details)
Movement: None
Food cravings: I would give my left arm (a big sacrifice for an interpreter) for a 5 guys burger and fries.  First person to deliver said meal to me is guaranteed a promotion to "Best friend for life"
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Old news--> chicken   New news --> Chocolate.....sad but true.  I've discovered there is a very distinct connection between eating chocolate and the blinding headaches that come shortly thereafter.  Apparently the little bambino is pretty sensitive to caffeine which = no chocolate for momma.  (Who's kid IS THIS!!??!)
Gender: 38 days until we find out...but who's counting?

Labor Signs: negative
Symptoms: Headaches, which I think I've figured out, and some strange feelings in the belly region thanks to the bump that is definitely starting to form <3
Belly Button in or out? IN
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy most of the time.  Poor mailman was treated to my first random act of crying during the season premier of Greys Anatomy, lol.
Looking forward to: Our trip to Boston to see the Celtics for MLK day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment